The GCSE Media Studies curriculum will create pupils who:
Demonstrate skills of enquiry, critical thinking, decision-making and analysis
- acquire knowledge and understanding of a range of important media issues
- develop appreciation and critical understanding of the media and their role both historically and currently in society, culture, and politics
- understand and apply specialist subject-specific terminology to analyse and compare media products and the contexts in which they are produced and consumed to make informed arguments, reach substantiated judgements and draw conclusions about media issues
- appreciate how theoretical understanding supports practice and practice supports theoretical understanding
- develop practical skills by providing opportunities for creative media production.
To understand the power that all mass media content forms have in forming knowledge and affecting the behaviour of society.
- Mrs L Walker