Health & Social Care
The Health and Social Care curriculum will create pupils who:
- have a rich knowledge and understanding, through the teaching of theory and practical skills, to be successful in the health and social care sector.
- value being challenged so that they can achieve at the highest level and make good progress.
- are confident individuals who respect others
- are responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to society in the eyes of God.
The Health and Social Care curriculum is based around 4 key areas:
- The principles of care and the application of rights and values to health and social care settings for the benefit of service users
- Supporting individuals through life events by recognising the life stages of growth and development and how their physical, intellectual, emotional and social milestones change throughout life.
- Understanding how service providers can help individuals’ development by providing creative and therapeutic activities that support the needs of the individual
- Developing the communication skills needed to have a successful career in the Health and Social Care sector
The curriculum is designed so that pupils have an understanding of the care needs of different people from childhood to older adulthood. It is designed so that pupils progress onto further study in the care sector or have the knowledge and skills needed for employment in a health and social care setting.
- Health and Social Care Command Words
- OCR Cambridge National Health and Social Care
- OCR Cambridge Nationals Health and Social Care Learning Journey
- Mrs H Byrne
- Mrs L Shelmerdine