The child development curriculum will create pupils who:
- have a rich knowledge and understanding, through the teaching of theory and practical skills, to be successful in the childcare sector.
- value being challenged so that they can achieve at the highest level and make good progress.
- are confident individuals who respect others
The child development curriculum is based around 3 key areas:
- health and well-being for child development.
- creating a safe environment and understanding the nutritional needs of children from birth to five years.
- Understanding the development of a child from one to five years.
The curriculum is designed so that pupils have an understanding of the care needs for children of all ages, from pre-conception through to age five years. It is designed so that pupils progress onto further study in the care sector or have the knowledge and skills needed for employment in a child-centred setting.
- Mrs H Byrne
- Mrs L Shelmerdine