Our school's Safeguarding policy can be accessed below.
Our key adults at Bury CE High School are:
- Mr S Battye, Assistant Headteacher (Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr S Braithwaite, Headteacher (Deputy Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs L Hopwood-Ryan, Behaviour Manager (Deputy Safeguarding Lead)
Please be aware that any information shared with school will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and with the best interests of the child or young person in mind.
Our school is part of Operation Encompass. This is a police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people who experience Domestic Abuse.
Operation Encompass means that the police will share information about Domestic Abuse incidents with our school PRIOR to the start of the next school day when they have been called to a domestic incident.
All schools in the Bury local authority are supporting Operation Encompass which is now being adopted by many police forces and schools around the UK.
Resources and Links
- CEOPS (Child Exploitation & Online Protection)
- Childline Home Page
- ThinkUKnow Home Page
- Monitoring apps: what parents should know
- Kooth online support for young people - online advisors until 10pm
- YoungMinds mental health support service
- Cruse Bereavement Care support service
- Youth Access Advice and Counselling Network
- Macmillan Cancer Relief Charity
- Beat eating disorders service
- Stem4 mental health charity