World Book Day 2021
World Book Day is coming up on the 4th March. Unfortunately, we won't be back in school then, but that doesn't mean that we can't celebrate it. So here are a few ideas for fun activities that you can do.
- Take an appropriate popular song and turn it to a piece of young adult fiction. Keep the title of the song as the title of your book.
- Design a front and back cover and use a line from the song as a quote.
- Then write a blurb on the back. if you are a good creative writer, you can create your own story to fit the title, but if you don't feel confident, then sum up the story of the song. I have done ‘My Tears Ricochet’ by Taylor Swift as a terrible example:
- You may be more into arts and crafts. This can still have a bookish theme, why don't you have a go at dressing a potato as a literary character? check out the cheesy video of mine!
- Or how about creating a miniature book to hang on our Easter tree that will be casually hanging out in Reception at some point? There follows a how-to guide for details and a list of books.
So, I challenge you to have a go at least one of these fun activities over half term and submit your potatoes and book covers by via the link that will be dropping into your inboxes by the 26th February.
If you have a go at making the book, then hold onto it until we are physically back in school. There will be prizes of £10 Amazon vouchers and two runner-up prizes of £5 Amazon vouchers up for grabs for the best entries of each activity- to be spent on books, obviously!